Why We Should Be Nuts for Organic Nuts!
At this stage in the game, we all have a decent understanding that eating organic is beneficial for our overall health. At the cafe, we get the question all the time, well what about nuts? We’re making a case for why choosing organic nuts is just as critical to our health as organic produce!
Why you should eat nuts, but more importantly, organic nuts
1. While nuts are typically not sprayed with pesticides while growing, they’re sprayed once picked and cracked! Nuts readily absorb pesticides because of their high oil content.
2. Nuts are loaded with heart-healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. In layman’s terms, both fats are friends whose number one priority is to lower our bad cholesterol.
3. Despite being high in calories, nuts vigorously promote weight loss. How you wonder? They’re packed with protein and fiber that work together to keep you fuller longer and lower your blood sugar while promoting muscle growth and dramatically reducing your blood pressure.
4. Another charming perk of these tasty treats is the nutrition facts on a pack of organic mixed nuts read like the back of a multivitamin bottle! You’ll find vitamins, including Vitamin E, B6, niacin, and folate. And as an added value, they provide minerals such as magnesium, zinc, plant iron, calcium, copper, selenium, phosphorus, and potassium. The list goes from there, but we’re sure you get the point!
5. As an added bonus, these little shelled soldiers are armed with antioxidants to fight off free radicals, heart disease, and cancers.
To summarize, nuts provide a good source of vegan protein, fiber, Omega 6 and 3 fats, vitamin E, and minerals. However, the danger of non-organic nuts lies in the fact they’re heavily sprayed with pesticides. It is vital to your health to make organic nuts and seeds a mainstay in your diet.
With Love & Kindness,